Interior Design, Furniture and Equipment Officer, Warwickshire, £24,775 – £27,864, V02982 / Ref:73481-074
The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s leading universities with a mission to establish themselves as a world leader in research and education and they are currently seeking an experienced FF&E project manager for their Estates department which plays a vital role in helping to achieve this goal by managing and growing the University’s land and property portfolio.
The role will involve managing a diverse range of projects including the specification and procurement of furniture for student residences, new office builds and space planning for existing departments through to common rooms/break-out room refurbishment for students and staff, classroom and lecture theatre upgrades. The successful applicant will be involved with advising on colour schemes, room capacities, materials and equipment, and procuring furniture or equipment, sometimes in response to bespoke requests.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience of managing furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) projects along with a basic understanding of the construction industry.
- Experience of FF&E procurement and using the supply contract, particularly within the ‘contract furnishing’ sector.
- The ability to accurately define project requirements and assess the quality of proposals from manufacturers and suppliers.
- A history of prioritising competing demands to ensure projects are delivered on time, to plan and within agreed budgets.
- Competency in FF&E design standards, along with experience using the Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD and Architectural Desktop to follow industry regulated health and safety and space management guidelines to produce layout drawings.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to explain technical information to multiple stakeholders, and to form strong working relationships with colleagues across the University.
In this busy and varied role you will be involved in interesting and challenging projects, from day to day revenue requirements up to major capital projects with a value up to approximately £2 million in both preconstruction and construction phases.
Enquiries in the strictest confidence can be directed to Lisa Holland, Interior Design, Furniture and Equipment Manager, on 024 7652 3439. To apply online please visit www.warwick.ac.uk/jobs